No matter how frequently you use your car, it is important to check for maintenance and repairs. One of the major aspects of any vehicle is the transmission, and with any fault with the transmission, the car won’t move an inch. Of course, if there is a problem, you can look for a professional service for repairs, or check websites like http://transmissionrepairguy.com, but can you avoid transmission overheating? We have some quick tips right below.
- After every 1500 kilometers of driving, you should check the fluid level and color. It is also advisable that you change the fuel every other or after completing 60,000 kilometers on the road.
- Newer fluids in the market are often more expensive, but if you really want to protect the transmission from heating and other issues, look for the best in the market. Make sure to ensure that the fluid is recommended for your vehicle.
- Every car comes with a manual, and you should check the same in detail before adding fluid. Never overfill the fluid, which can cause it to foam and lead to loss of lubrication. Overfilling can cause more transmission damage than you can think.
- One of the major enemies of transmission is heat. If you find a case of heating, wait before the temperatures are back to normal. Most people do ignore the signs of heating, which cases extensive damage that may cost huge.
- To reduce the damage cause by heat, always opt to use an auxiliary cooler. When the installation is done with care, your transmission will be at least 30% cooler, especially when towing. In the long run, you can expect to save thousands of dollars.
Finally, it is also very important that you warm up the transmission/engine before driving, especially in colder climates. If you have any concerns, always get the vehicle checked before the condition worsens. If you are new to cars and driving, you should check online to read about a few facts. To know more about transmission cooler, you can check http://transmissionrepairguy.com/transmission-cooler-the-definitive-guide/. Keep in mind that regular checks on the vehicle can reduce a lot of the common issues with transmission. Knowing the basics of transmission overheating can save from a lot of repairs. Also, it is a god idea to spend money on transmission maintenance, which is all about fluid checks and performing tests for functionality. Check online now to find a few more facts.